On February 7th, we made the big announcement that The Moody Center will be opening its doors. The question that remains is what happens next? With the right candidates for the Northfield campus now in place, it is full steam ahead.
The development of the Center is already progressing quickly. Here are 5 things happening:
- The Moody Center is beginning to host events for Christian organizations. The Awaken Campus Tour is our next visitor on February 23rd. Want to host your event? Send a request here.
- The Moody Center board is meeting in early March to assist in finalizing details and look at the vision for the Center.
- Negotiations to house the D.L. Moody archives from Northfield Mount Hermon are in progress. Do you know of other Moody archives? We want to collect and consolidate as many archives as possible, so we welcome any connections you have!
- Building renovations will begin as snow and cold weather clear up. To help support these restorations, click here.
- On May 2nd, 2017, the Center will have our grand opening celebration. Stay tuned to our website for more details.
These are just a few of the steps occurring. It is a fun stage of figuring out the details of the services to be offered and working to make a cohesive vision.
Did you miss the press coverage? You can find a compilation of it all here, ready to be shared!
The best part is we get to lean into the vision of many people. Send in your thoughts and ideas for The Moody Center. We are looking to start conversations and continue to make connections.